5 Ways to Make Your Smile Sparkle
Your smile is the first thing others notice about you. However, stained and discolored teeth can get in the way of you showing of your smile as well as lead to a lack of confidence. Fortunately, there are several options available to help you get the sparkling white smile you have always wanted. Here are some some tips to help you achieve a great smile.
Brushing and Flossing
The easiest way to maintain a bright and healthy smile is with regular brushing and flossing. Most people are in the habit of daily brushing their teeth, but they often flossing is often forgotten. Flossing is the best way to remove the plaque and bacteria that is hiding in the hard-to-reach areas of your teeth. These food particles and the bacteria gradually build up causing discoloration and damage to your teeth and gums.
Professional Teeth Whitening
Professional in-office teeth whitening from the dentist is a safe and fast way to get a white smile. Dentists often use bleaching treatments, such as Zoom or BriteSmile, which use a high concentration of whitening ingredients that can often make your teeth 10 to 15 times whiter than over-the-counter products. If you prefer to whiten your teeth at home, it is recommended that you talk with your dentist about the at-home products available from the dentist. Dentist-supervised at home whitening products include a custom fitted tray and prescription strength whitening agents.
Over-The-Counter Teeth Whiteners
If your budget wont allow you to visit the dentist for teeth whitening, there are over-the-counter products available from supermarkets and drugstores. Some of the over-the-counter products to choose from include whitening strips, toothpaste and gel trays. Although some of these products will whiten teeth, they will not give you the same effect as professional teeth whitening.
Dental veneers are an excellent way to improve the appearance of your front teeth. Veneers are thin shells made from porcelain that are adhered to the front of your teeth. Not only will veneers help whiten your smile, but there are several benefits with veneers, including:
– Repairing a chipped or broken tooth
– Covering stained fillings
– Closing gaps between the teeth
– Correcting crooked or uneven teeth
It is possible to have a sparkling smile without spending hundreds of dollars on whitening products. If you are searching for natural ways to help your smile sparkle, your in luck. Many of the items used to whiten your teeth can be found in your kitchen, including:
– Banana peel-instead of throwing the peel away after eating a banana, rub it on your teeth for about 15 minutes, followed by brushing with your regular toothpaste. Repeat the process of rubbing a banana peel on your teeth two or three times a week. The minerals found in banana peels will penetrate into your teeth and help to whiten them.
– Baking soda-mix baking soda with a small pinch of salt and apply to your teeth. Let the mixture sit for about three minutes, then rinse with water. The salt and baking soda protect the enamel and help to remove stains on your teeth. You can also use a toothpaste that contains baking soda or sprinkle a small amount on top of your usual toothpaste before brushing.
The best way to ensure you have a sparkling smile is to ensure you have good teeth and gum health. Eating calcium enriched foods, such as cheese and milk will help keep your teeth strong. Avoid foods and beverages that can stain your teeth, such as coffee and tea. Using a straw for drinking beverages such as juice and soda may help the dyes in the beverage bypass your teeth. It is also important to schedule routine visits with your dentist for cleanings.